Privacy is of critical importance to us and we take it very seriously, the legal jargon is down below but we work by a few simple principles:
- We will only collect information from you where it is essential for the running of this web site or the purchasing/running of our products. We do not hold nor have access to any financial information involved in the payment for our products.
- We may collect anonymous usage statistics from our web site and products.
- Any other information collected will always be optional and will only ever be asked for to support new features added to the site or our products.
- Spare Change Software operates the website sparechangesoftware.com. It is Spare Change Software’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our website.
- Usage Statistics
- Like most website operators, Spare Change Software collects non-personally identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Spare Change Software’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Spare Change Software’s visitors use its website. From time to time, Spare Change Software may release non-personally identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Spare Change Software may also collect non-personally identifying information from use of its software applications such as computer or device type, version of underlying operating system and version of the software being used.
Spare Change Software also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. Spare Change Software does not use such information to identify its visitors, however, and does not disclose such information, other than under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information, as described below.
- Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
- Certain visitors to Spare Change Software’s website choose to interact with Spare Change Software in ways that require Spare Change Software to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Spare Change Software gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. In each case, Spare Change Software collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Spare Change Software. Spare Change Software does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
- Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
- Spare Change Software discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Spare Change Software’s behalf or to provide services available at Spare Change Software’s websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Spare Change Software’s websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Spare Change Software will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Spare Change Software discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only when required to do so by law, or when Spare Change Software believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Spare Change Software, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of a Spare Change Software website and have supplied your email address, Spare Change Software may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Spare Change Software and our products. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Spare Change Software takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.